Volleyball, Swimming and Power Lifting Athletes
SOGF will leave Grand Forks on Friday, May 30 at 6:45 am. Please be at the Chapter office prior to that time so we can leave on time. The teams must be at Fargo Davies High School by 8:00 am for registration and coaches meetings. SOGF will return on Friday evening around 11 PM. Meredith will make phone calls prior to our return so that all rides will be at the Chapter office on time.
- Volleyball competition is scheduled to begin about 8:45 am.
- Power lifting weigh in is from about 11:15 to 11:45 am. Competition will begin around 12 pm.
- Swimming competition begins about 1:30 pm.
- The evening meal is from 5:30 to 7:00, with the dance to follow.
- SOGF will leave Fargo about 10 pm.
- Please bring clothes for the dance and your own hygiene items such as shampoo, soap and a towel and a washcloth as we may use the shower in the school locker rooms before we go to the meal and then the dance.
Track and Field Athletes
SOGF will leave Grand Forks on Saturday, May 31 at 6:45 am.
- The team must be at Fargo Davies by 8:00 for breakfast and opening ceremonies at 9:30 am.
- Competition will begin around 10:30 am.
- We should get back to Grand Forks at around 4 pm.
- Meredith will make phone calls prior to our return so that all rides will be at the Chapter office on time.
- If you are driving with family or staff, please let Meredith know right away!!
- Please bring clothes appropriate for the weather.
- Remember to bring sunscreen as well as a hat as the events on Saturday take place outdoors in full sun.
- All Grand Forks athletes are to wear black shorts or sweatpants during competition – we will bring the uniform top. Jeans are not allowed.
- No jewelry or head covering is to be worn during competition.
- Those individuals requiring assistance with medication administration must have their medications in individually labeled envelopes. If you use medication boxes, please tape each “day” closed to prevent them from accidentally opening.
- Our chaperones are volunteers and will not administer any rectal creams or ointments.
- Please inform Meredith if you need assistance with medication administration.
We have had a great year and we look forward to a great trip for all of the Area 5 Athletes.
Soccer and Bocce will begin July 21, 2014. We hope to have a newsletter out in late June. If you do not receive a copy of the newsletter, please go to specialolympicsgf.org as it will be posted on the web site. Soccer and Bocce are both unified sports and we welcome partners as well as Athletes to join us.
Please call Tim or Meredith at 772-8626 after 6 pm if you have any questions or concerns about our upcoming trip.
NO PRACTICES ON MONDAY MAY 26, AS THIS IS MEMORIAL DAY!!!